View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I took a trip over to ADM and picked up the Race Scoop yesterday. It’s a nice piece. If you buy one you should also ask Andy about the hose clamp to hold the water pump on with. He said they sold them at Home Depot but when I was at Lowes buying my other parts I couldn’t find anything like it and the helpers there were……no help.
You just follow the instructions he gives you which were a combination of these two threads.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90068
http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=27037

The only thing that was even remotely tricky was getting a dremel tool in there to cut it nice and neat….which it doesn’t have to be perfect. There is probably a better bit for the job but all I had was the round cut-off blades.

Definitely take out the fender well. It’s easy and gives you a lot more room to work with.
I just got it on last night so I haven’t been able to get a lot of seat time with it just yet but as you can see in the pictures there is no way this can’t significantly help. The washer bottle really blocks a lot of the air coming into the intake area.

I have basically $100 in everything with the mod….that includes the washer bottle. This is definitely a must do mod for those that have a CAI that use the front fender well area to pick up air from.

The Halltech was one of the better performing CAIs on Jannety's test. I would love to have seen it go up against the others with the ADM Scoop installed. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do a before/after on a dyno but again....I can't see how this can't be a huge improvement.

The first pic shows the CAI with the water bottle in the way. The next ones show what it looks like now.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote