View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #267
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I know it would cost money to develop a new car, I'm just not sure it would be just as expensive using a majority of the existing Camaro to do it. Nobody knows if it will sell because there hasn't been anything to look at, I think that an Auto show would be the best place to show a new car. I think you missed the whole point of my post, so that GM could continue to make money off the existing platform, the changes to the Zeta were done in 2009 and I would hope that GM would get a little more time out of it before they scraped it...

I was under the impression that this new car being shown at Chicago was going to be "exciting". Is a new Chevelle not exciting? A Chevelle has no heritage behind it? I'm not sure what you mean by that, so you are willing to bet that a new Zeta model, that nobody knows would be a better idea than a nameplate some recognize? or are you hoping that this will be the HP Camaro?
The Camaro was expensive to develop. Even though it was based off of the G8. Which was based off the Holden Zeta platform.
It will cost just as much to develop any other car than it did to develop the Camaro.
And no, the Chevelle has no heritage behind it. In fact it only lives on in the Chevy lineup through the Malibu. How much heritage can the Chevelle line hold, if all that survived it was what used to be nothing more than a trim level.
Sorry, but no a Chevelle is not viable. At least not more than a sporty sedan that both families and enthusiasts can enjoy.