Looking forward to the Z28 if it happens. My ideas on the Z28.
The Z28 does not need a ton more HP.
- 450 HP at the crank would be fine
- Offer a V6 version too
- Add tighter bushings, beefier adjustable sways and links
- Lighten it up where possible, but don't go crazy, keep the costs down
- Use lightweight 19" wheels and tires, same size all around
- Add ZL-1 brakes and front brake scoop
- Offer real cloth sport seats
- Start with the 1SS/1LT level, offer only 1SS/LT options
- Add some unique Z28 graphics, don't go for subtle
- Add some race level Z28 parts, work with existing vendors, but offer factory engineering support
- Keep the V8 starting price right around a loaded 2SS/RS, $37,500.
- Do not make production limited
- Start a race series where Mustangs, Camaros, Hyundais, and Challengers can face off
- Offer the race to RWD V6 Turbo (limited boost) and V8s
Edit: Chevy is doing this, but a high perf V6 will come later and no mention of a race series (yet).
I am going to mod and enjoy my SS now and not worry about the future.