In reading further...I found this...history does repeat itself!!!
With no reason to mess with success, the 1978 Firebird and Trans Am basically carried over from the '77 except that there were a lot more "special editions" like a gold Trans Am with brown accents and blue "Sky Bird" and red "Red Bird" Firebirds. America snatched up 93,341 Trans Ams and 93,944 other Firebirds for an astounding total of 187,285 - the best sales year ever.
The Sky bird package contained many unique featurs such as:
- Two-tone blue finish, medium blue upper - dark blue lower
- Blue trimmed snowflake wheels
- Medium blue grille liners
- Blue-accendted taillights bezels
- Sky Bird sail panel decals
- Bodyside tape stripes, in graduating tones of blue
- Blue Custom interior
- Blue Formula steering wheels
- Blue Custom seat belts
Considering the topic of this thread....Its just uncanny! Sorry about the skyblue print but i couldnt help my self.