View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #168
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
WAY too much glitz for this muscle car. I can appreciate flashing lights and 28 gazillion bit color displays as much as the next guy, but the retro head unit blends too nicely with the rest of the clearly retro interior to muss it up with a nav, or any other giant Vegas billboard. And it's perfectly comprehensive. it does everything the average musclecar enthusiast needs it to do without being overkill.

I say it's good as-is. Like you said, if you want more, there's always Alpine...
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I'm one of the biggest techno geeks that I know, but I agree with you completely. That's not what this car is about IMO.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I honestly don't even want NAV. I like what's on my phone and it's always up to date with the latest maps.

But I most definitely would like:
  • a COLOR screen
  • With more than 3 lines of text
  • Electronic Climate Control where I can set the temp and leave it

It's SO much nicer scrolling through a list of songs on an iPod if you can see more than 2-3 songs at a time in the list. And it's 2011 not 1985. A COLOR screen should at least be an option.

I still can't get used to that head unit in the Camaro. It looks like a video game from the 80's and reminds me of the robot in Lost in Space, with the way the knobs come out, looking like robot arms.

that's just funny right there, I don't care who you are...