View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #63
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
My understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that warranty work will only be refused/denied if they can prove that the mod you did is the cause of the malfunction/problem.

I'm pretty sure it's that simple.
When I used to have my Cobalt SS/SC, my cat's flex pipe broke and they refused warranty because they said the catalytic was hit on the ground (based on a scratch) which is due to my suspension being lowered. I ended up paying for a new aftermarket catalytic/flex pipe. After that the aftermarket cat clogged, and the mechanic blew my engine on a road test with me in the car and blamed me for putting the aftermarket cat on. "Just because we pulled the trigger doesn't mean we loaded the gun" is the exact words they told me. I paid 7k+ for a new engine. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if a dealer doesn't want to cover something because of something else that could or could not be related they will not cover you.