View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #25
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
C'mon guys...lol

We have to keep this to an hour drive. Believe me, I after seeing the pictures and knowing what's out there to see, I want to spend about 4 hours on another trip I mapped out. I just KNOW it would be beautiful. But, we have to really nail this down due to time. We'll have to get people there to the track at a reasonable hour. Track opens at 9am and we'll be leaving around 7:30am...depending on distance and drive time for the cruise...SAT am.
Ok, this might be what you are looking for. A better ride is one suggested earlier that you take I-10 to the Loop 202 (San Tan) and go east as it will take you close to the mountains, and some very nice scenery along the way. I would suggest coming back on the Loop 202 (San Tan) via US101 as the US60 can be quite busy on the weekends. Here is a link of the freeway system and I think the I-10 to the 202 (E) to the 101 (S) to the 202 (W), and back to the raceway would be better, faster, and more enjoyable, but that is my hummble opinion.

With the amount of cars this should be fine and all the way we can do 65-75 depending on how the cops feels about 300+ cars driving all together.

The map is here: http://www.azdot.gov/Highways/Valley_Freeways/Index.asp

There are many great drives in AZ, and hopefully you all come back to enjoy those drives, but just don't come back in the summer unless you like 115 degrees.

3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.