View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
For those of you attending the C5Fest and are wondering what Paintless Dent Repair is, it is a process of resculpting a damaged metal area of your car (ding, dent, crease, hail damage, etc) that doesn't affect the factory finish. Of course there are some exceptions but if the metal has not been stretched and the paint is not chipped or scratched beneath the surface chances are good that your ding or dent can be repaired to the point you'd never know it was there. A typical door ding the size of a nickel or quarter can be repaired in 15-20 minutes. Typical areas on most cars that are difficult to address are pillars, above and in front of rear wheels, aluminum panels, damage within 1/2'-1" from an edge. Specifically with the new Camaro, the area on the 1/4 panels in front of the rear wheel are time consuming because most owners will not want their door jambs drilled for access to the inside of the 1/4 panel and the interior trim is tedious to remove and reinstall therefore driving up cost. For those nervous about working on your Camaro especially, be confident I would never do anything to the car that would make it worse. I know all the ins and outs of the 4th and 5th gen Camaros and you can be sure if I think I can get it, you'll be happy with the repair. I've repaired my share of Camaros and have already repaired the newly released convertible (several of them in fact) at the Port of Wilmington (DE). I pride myself in being open and honest and what your expectations should be before repairs begin. Below I've attached some pictures of some recent repairs I've done locally, so you can be sure your car is in good hands at the fest.

Last edited by Batman0837; 03-11-2011 at 12:49 AM.