View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #22
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
hmm, could be worth checking out... where is Russ, Hose, and Mike.. are they going?

PQ... you coming over for this
PS you never came to Austin!
Yes we will all be there... Saturday morning at 10AM

TX2K11 Racing at Lonestar March 19 - 20
There will be quite a few Camaros out racing this weekend... Here's the information...

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

The track will open at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. The track will go hot at 11:00 am and drag racing will continue until 5:00 pm. The schedule on this day will consist of test-n-tune, 2 rounds of qualifying for the next day’s eliminations and 60-130 runs if you so wish.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a "2-day tech card" on Saturday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Saturday) for $80 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter). If a racer only wants to run on Sunday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

Food: concessions will be open all day

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:

10:00 am - qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm - eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm - eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
2:45 pm - eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
3:45 pm - final round eliminations

There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

DRAG RACING CLASSES - same as last year
Street Car Class
This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...
The rules:
--all entrants will be required to go on a 20-30 mile cruise and will have to stay behind a lead car and in front of an end car...any participant that falls out of that line for any reason during the cruise will be disqualified and entry fee will not be refunded...the cars that fall out can stay and test-n-tune all day...speeds on the cruise will be mostly highway and will be in the 60 mph range...
--the cruise will leave the front gates at Lonestar at 11:30 am...just after qualifying pass 1 and back in enough time to run qualifying pass 2 if wanted
--carpet, both front seats and door panels required
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no fuel rule
--no power adder rule