View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
The Green Machine

So little back ground on the Green Machine
It was purchased in March of 1990 by my wife who was 19 at the time. She needed a car and she had been wanting a 67 or 68 Camaro for a while. It was primer gray with a big dent in the driver's side quarter panel. It had a 327 (or so she was told) with a powerglide automatic. She knew her mom wouldn't understand so she asked her dad to come take a look. He instantly decided it was the car for her (him really) and wrote a check. Later mom freaked out because they didn't have the cash but my wife had a job and got a loan to pay back her father so in the end mom was fine. From there the car followed my wife to Colorado when she went into the Air Force, then back to Olympia when she was sent to Japan. In 1994 the car had some inxsepensive body and paint work done that was one of the cause for the restoration. After 4years of sitting it then had to move across the country to North Carolina where she lived for the next few years. In 1997 she finally came back to Olympia and drove the car from North Carolina taking advantage at the time of the Montana no speed limit law. I met my wife in 1999 and met her car the next day. I approved of both. Later after we were married I decided to do a complete restoration due to the fact that there had been rust that was not addressed and the body work was poor. Having done some work on my 67 Nova the idea was to take advantage of modern technology, but give the car a classic look. The pro touring concepts fit the idea with a budget in mind (budget being a relative word).
Name:  Scan_Pic0001.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  214.4 KB
So after much delay the 68 Camaro is finally taking shape.

The Beginning and all the rust

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  124.5 KB

Name:  Oct 10 012.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  Oct 10 004.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  100.2 KB

Name:  Oct 10 002.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  117.0 KB

Last edited by GrnMchin; 01-10-2014 at 10:21 PM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote