View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #22
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Update on the issue from The local paper The Detroit news.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2...103242011&ts=H

Cars 'Held Hostage' In Legal Dispute

Delivery Company Refuses To Haul Hundreds Of GM, Chrysler Vehicles

POSTED: Thursday, March 24, 2011
UPDATED: 7:51 pm EDT March 24, 2011

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Hundreds of new General Motors and Chrysler vehicles are parked in a holding lot in Dearborn because of a dispute between the automakers and a car-hauling company.
Chrysler and GM said their vehicles, which are supposed to be delivered to local dealerships, are being "held hostage."
Watch: Automaker's' Dispute With Haulig Company Leaves Cars In Lot
The dispute is over how much the car-hauling company, Allied Systems, has asked the automakers to pay.
According to a driver for Allied Systems, the dispute started when Allied cut drivers' pay by 20 percent.
The driver, who asked not to be identified, said Allied Systems backed off the pay cut after the drivers' union threatened to strike.
The driver said at that point Allied Systems tried to make up the difference by imposing a fuel surcharge on the automakers.
General Motors and Chrysler have refused to pay the surcharge and have sued Allied Systems, demanding the vehicles be delivered.
The dispute has left auto salespersons, customers and delivery drivers caught in the middle.
"I feel like I'm in limbo," said one car-hauler who asked not to be identified. "It feels like it's a waiting game and we're kind of stuck in the middle. And we're just very hopeful that this gets worked out soon."
Car-haulers said they are also concerned about what the legal dispute will do to their jobs.
"The concern for my job is there because it's a battle between two very large companies," said a driver who works for Allied Systems. "I'm just hoping they can meet in the middle because a lot of people's livelihoods are at stake here."
HDRDTD is online now   Reply With Quote