View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #24
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
This.

Mine had the horrible grind with the stock shifter, but only when I speed shifted as fast as I could. With the MGW, it's every time I don't all-out granny shift. The 2nd gear assembly, specifically the bronze sintered blocking rings is definitely the culprit. Several members have had these parts replaced with the compressed carbon rings and report their tranny now shifts like butter. With a short-throw, every dollar-saving fault in the TR6060 is put on display.
Again, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for the OP, nor i. We never had problems with the stock shifter, in any gear, power shifting or not. Then, the hurst goes in, and we have problems with the 1-2 shift, but no other gear shift. I didn't know what was the problem, the synchros, hurst, etc? Now that he put the stock shifter back in, and has no problems, I'm 95% sure it's a problem with the hurst. I'll be 100% sure once I put my stock back in.

And if I don't have any problems with my stock shifter, I hope hurst does something about it.