View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Not all that familiar with firebird but I understand its a short track just over a mile lone. Sessions are only 15 min ea and 3 of them. Track temps could be around 120. Unless you are a real bad driver you should be fine. Normally I run 20 min sessions and am pushing significantly more HP and hitting 145 on the backstretches at high plains raceway in Colorado. I have done 3 full track days (10 20 min sessions each) and still running on stock pads. Brake fluid upgrade is vital as you will boil it before you experience much fade. However, track temps will have an effect on these brakes so I would check your rotor temps after the first run so you dont overheat them. try and stay under 700 degrees. After your run do not just go park. Cruise around the parking lot not using your brakes to get some air thru them to cool them down before stopping. If you park with hot brakes you will superheat the section of the rotor under your pads and could warp them pretty easy.

Have fun...its a blast.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote