View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
I really appreciate the input!

The fly wheel went on perfectly after I baked it to 200 degrees; if it's any indicator the starter engages and starts the car just fine.

I tried manual bleeding and even went out and bought a power bleeder and tried it (it still could be bled incorrectly as I'm just following the typical brake bleeding procedure). I did use a clear hose and a catch can, the fluid that came out during the manual bleeding didn't seem to have any air bubbles. I'm not sure what else to look for.

I'm beginning to wonder if that Lingenfelter spacer needed to go on in the opposite direction. There's a recess on one side of it that I put toward the transmission, I'm beginning to wonder if that needed to go the other way. God I hope that's not the case.
The small OD of the spacer should face out and the Throwout fit over this diameter. I assume you have a Katech flywheel, if this is made to the Stock depth dimension it should be the same as ours. I have not seen a Katech part and do not know its exact dimensions. When we have seen release problems it is normally due to distortion / damage to the pressure plate assembly caused in shipping, GM part is not packed very well.

Graham.
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote