View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #1305
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
There was a previous post last week, where a member did glossy black it looked electric ! Flat black OEM vinyl on black or grey can turn out to be a very dull color when the car is not in the light. In mine you can't see the metallic flake in my pics I will do close-ups to better show this, also having the gold tint in the sun should make mine different. Clear went on yesterday, baked last night, pick it up at 4pm today. My roto-fab cai is being painted green today. I love metallics, but anytime you add the pearl, you will end up "dirtying up" the basecoat or color, versus a flat, in white, it affects brightness. As for green we talked about it again, I was thinking going darker would be harder as when the light makes the car go darker, it would be really hard to see a Kelly green. a neon (forgive me dodge fans) sublime green would look really good with a yellow or gold added in the paint. The final color would not show those, just affect the shade of green. My white diamond pearl, has white, black, red, okra (like the veggie) in it. That's the white in one stage, the other has the gold in it, but it matches the gold pearl in the syn green. Pics will be posted tonight, comments welcome good or bad or love it or hate it comments. I don't mind saying that looks like dodo, since I paid for it....that what forums are for...open thoughts.....but it's all a matter of personal taste. I like seeing what each owner brings to the table. The purple I thought about was a marble swirl....try that one on!!! The one above is a nice yenko side stripe.
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote