View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 03:24 AM   #112
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I read this post on another forum at www.bobistheoilguy.com

Good read on the "Big Bird" break down of the oil life monitoring system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
so, lets say that an oil filter goes bad at 1,000 miles... by your logic, it wouldn't be any worse for me to go until the OLM says that I should change it at 8,000 or 10,000 miles than it would be for me to change the oil and discover that the oil filter had gone bad at 3,000 miles... I'm sorry, but it is YOUR logic that is flawed and there is ZERO proof that backs up your side of the story... I'm sure that I could find any number of reports (or just use some common sense) that says that running an engine with a bad oil filter or failing part for longer than absolutely necessary is a bad idea... can you prove the contrary?

do not presume that just because you FEEL something is right, that it IS right... until there is something that actually tests the oil while it is in the car, preventative maintenance will be the best way to keep your car running at peak performance... feel free to gamble with your engine all you want... I will take the safer route and know exactly what is going on with mine.
100% correct! why gamble?..pull 'em (oil & filter) at no more than 5,000 miles and sleep very well at night!..i use conventional (dino) in mine,and yank it at 5,000 miles!..f**k synthetic!.never used it!..never will!..not needed,because i get it out at 5,000 miles on all my cars!..NEVER,EVER had any kind of engine related issues at all,and i have driven just about everything made over 45 years!.(oil monitoring system?) (lol!) he! he! he!
what's that?..just sayin!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote