View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
The vettes do it too and they call it "parade clunk" or something like that. Most aftermarket clutches get rid of it but not all of them. I was going through a bunch of vette and ctsv forums reading up on clutches since most companies were selling comparable units to that market for years before the camaro came out. A bit more history on what works and what makes noises or fails if you're interested in looking at a replacement. I'd rather hear from someone whos owned a clutch for years and see how it holds up, the camaro is too new of a platform to get a lot of feedback on longevity.

Mine clunks now and then too but as long as its shifting fine and nothing grinds I don't worry about it. Eventually it'll get replaced with something beefier that hopefully has good manners.
I definitely agree with this: I feel like the noise is probably normal but the platform is very new and we should definitely keep an eye on it.

In the meantime, I'm not going to stress about the noise.