View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #122
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Children who list their parents cars and act like they're theirs.....

I think the main point to be taken from all of the people who are actually old enough, and do drive Camaros.... who are stating they don't like the new steering wheel, is when you piss off the enthusiast community you make a watered down product that will chase away repeat buyers.
I bought a Camaro because it's not - sorry, wasn't - a parts bin car. Now in just its third year it's already heading down that road. But I guarantee the price won't go down. And don't you think it should with reused parts?!
The door lock switch on the door looks quickly and poorly designed. Like an afterthought.
Excuse me for having enough pride in my father's 30 years at GM to list all the cars we've been able to buy in the last 15 years. You know nothing about me.

The steering wheel was redesigned BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT. There are TONS of reviews out there that praised the 2010-2011 models immensely but the #1 sticking point out of most of them was that the steering wheel was flat-out uncomfortable to use. The corporate steering wheel, on the other hand, is arguably one of the most comfortable wheels in the industry right now.

It's like Scott always says: For every one person you make happy, you piss off another person.

Just wait. A year from now, nobody will care about the steering wheel. It's just like every other stupid freakout on this site. The SS front fascia, the headlights on the IVERs, the ambient lighting, the convertible's trunk lock cylinder, etc. Everyone said they were deal breakers, that they were never going to buy a Camaro because of it, that GM was stupid for doing whatever. Today, NOBODY CARES.

There's a reason this site has a reputation for drama like this.

As for the door lock switch...it's a SWITCH. What do you want GM to do, make it out of 24 karat gold?