View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
WTB: Idle air control valve for an 86 Z28

My idle air control valve is going on the fritz and I think it's about time to either replace it or clean it. I'd like to either buy one off of somebody or if someone could direct me to a site or store that would have one for sale. My usual source; www.hawksthirdgenparts.com only has the sensor relay for the IAC.

I havent looked at it yet but it might only need to be cleaned, but with the car being 20+ years old I'm pretty positive it's about ready to be replaced. If it doesn't need to be replaced then I'm still going to need a new seal for it.

So basically; offer to sell or point me in the right direction as to where I can buy a new IAC valve and a new seal for it.

Any advice would be appreciated, I need this thing ready for a 5 hour trip I need to take in a week and a half or so.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote