View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Shaimerej

Drives: 2012 Corvette ZR1
Question Chevy Warranty Facts?

Hello,
I am relatively new to this site. I have found myself in a position where I have had time to read a lot of the discussions posted in the forum. One thing that I repeatedly see is concerns about warranty integrity. Basically, many members will warn other members that simple modifications ďwill void the warranty!Ē Iím not here to call anyone out, point fingers, bash or hate. I just have two questions that I want to see other members experiences with: 1. Has anyone FIRST HANDEDLY had a dealer refuse warranty work due to simple modifications? I love to hate dealers more than anyone else; but, I just a little suspicious that GM and/or all GM dealers would refuse warranty work after seeing minor modifications. 2. Why do so many Camaro owners cherish and caress their warranties so much? I see people who are waiting 5 years to do mods to their car in the name of warranty preservation. Are there a lot of members experiencing repeated warranty claims? I have made one warranty claim in the 14 years and 250,000 miles I have been driving LS powered cars: it was when the roof blew off my í06 Z06. The only engine related issue I have ever had in those 14 years was a collapsed lifter in my first LS car, a í98 Corvette Coupe. It had 98,000 miles on it when it happened. I do not baby my cars. They get driven a lot, never abused but driven hard. I have a set of studded snow tires for my cars and they get driven regardless of conditions. Again, Iím not saying Iím right and youíre wrong. I just simply want to know otherís first-hand experiences and opinions. Thanks for your time!