View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Originally Posted by CallMeWonder View Post
Just getting realllllly impatient over here in Washington and thought I'd start something interesting. What's the ritual that's gonna happen when you guys get your ZL1?

I live in Washington state so we'll like receive it after all of you since were the furthest away. We'll speed our way to the dealership after we get the call that it's there and then argue my dad who gets to drive it home. (I'll probably let him. I'm young, and inexperienced. A car of this caliber is not good for a new driver). The when we get home we'll take a million pictures and I'll share the news here.

So.....what's your guys'?
I'm pretty much thinking I'm going to one of our Sponsors that's back East. I think I'm going to trailer it back home completely protected. Because the train ride won't be nearly as long as I suspect it would be as a result of this, I don't think there's going to be much rail contamination in the paint. However, that's not going to stop my from doing the whole picture thing first. Then, I plan on almost imediately claybar'ing the whole car, and apply the protective sealers and waxes. I think I'm going to invest in those glass remediation/protective kits, too, that work much like the claybar kits. Then, I'm going to apply a product like Black Magic to all the textured plastic splitter, rocker and diffusers panels to keep them looking good for a LONG time. I'll detail the wheels and tires. I think I'll have the windows tinted within the first day or so, too. Then, it will be about a thousand more pictures. I might have a clear bra applied to the front right away, too; I hate paint chips.

I think that's what I'll have done within about the first couple days. I'll probably start some of the minor mods' by then, too, but I think I'll be doing some of the activities you've outline
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/Kooks 1 7/8" LTs and 3" H-pipe/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WB/ Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote