View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #23
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie832 View Post
I've heard stories where police had the onstar system activated to trace the whereabouts of someone. Now, those someone's may or may have not have created a crime. Might just be other reasons. I bet too that the person with the car never thought about being traced due to onstar which they weren't using or paying for. My point is for all of you (and me) buying this car (or any other car with onstar), if anything, ANYTHING, down lifes road happens to happen..... on well....you will be traced down, hunted down and found. Not everyone that decides to disapear is a criminal! Maybe, before you decide to run, maybe take a hammer to the anntena and hope signal doesn't still get out. On another note: that system might just save your life one day! Think about it!! I'm keeping mine!
I'm cutting my antenna off and having a reputable body shop weld in a piece of steel in the hole, and then smooth, paint, and finish it so you could never tell there was anything there.

I'm also removing the stock rear view mirror with all the onstar buttons and installing an auto dimming mirror with homelink built in (since I'm getting a 1SS).