View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #762
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
U and the dealer need to read PI0055B it covers 2010 and 2011 models and also states they should update the hardware. I had the same issue as have some of the 2010 owners. The PI flatly states that they should update the hardware. I was also told I would have to buy the new PDIM, which was wrong. It took a while but I finally got them to follow it. Hang in there.

PS
By update I meant change out with the newer module.
The shop foreman and I had read PI0055B. I was the one that gave the shop foreman a copy of PI0055B. I ALREADY have hardware revision 'DB'. I installed that PDIM (PN 20985421) several months back before PI0055B was available. I purchased it myself and installed it to get hardware revision 'DB'. That's what gave me hardware DB and software DB.

Step 7 of PI0055B states that the PDIM (termed MPIM in this document) should be reprogrammed with the latest calibration. The shop foreman showed me the TIS2WEB screen where it showed the part number of the calibration in my PDIM and what was available via TIS2WEB and there was only one part number (calibration) listed and that was the same one already in the unit.

The fact that I had PI0055B in hand was the only reason he knew/agreed to try and update the PDIM calibration, but there does not appear to be a calibration in TIS2WEB above 'DB' for hardware 'DB'. At least yet.