Thread: Nitrous info
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #55
jeepinocala

Drives: camaro ss 2s
I want to kill my last write up two messages ago the old mustang did have forged pistons after researching my camaro ss i see the pistons are pretty crappy for nos I would not do it with cast pistons just a fruit for thought after reading they are cast i immediatly thought damn i hope my writeup did not make somebody go try this I have learned that the stock pistons in the camaros L99/Ls3 engines have problems with cracking the powdered rods should be ok if you are running stock pistons cause the pistons will break first but I will say I just would not try it I work with castings and forgings and know how they are and will only say forgings are great casting have a high percent that dont pass pmi for internal cracks. I would like to hear from anyone useing nos on the stock motor and how much you are getting away with for now? I have been searching for a dropin piston kit for these motors with no luck yet. my goal is to change the rods and pistons and run a 175 shot with a tune pretty simple the stock crank is fine now is not so hard on cranks they are much stronger than rods and pistons.
jeepinocala is offline   Reply With Quote