View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #1106
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Allow me to remind everyone, the Pedders Camaro and Mustang already run faster than a Z06. They out run a CTS-V race car running slicks compared to the Pedders street cars on street tires. We have the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro all pulling sustained 1.3 G turns with peaks into the 1.4 range.

With the vehicles we have tested I can say with confidence that the Mustang and Camaro are so close on road course it is hard to pick a winner, to pick a best vehicle. At the risk of repeating myself, the Mustang is a great track car. On the edge, it doesn't talk to you. On the edge the Mustang screams at you. On the edge, the IRS in the Camaro whispers gently in your ear. Both are fast. Both are different. The weight savings helps and hurts the Mustang. The three link rear suspension feels wobbly. It goes, but is not secure. The Camaro IRS weight hurts and helps. It inspires confidence. A good driver will be very fast in a 5th Gen.

Now back to the Z/28 Dream Car. The benchmark is not a Z06. The Pedders Camaro with a ProCharger has already been there and done that. My DREAM Z/28 walks a Z06. My DREAM Z/28 does sweat a Mustang in any configuration. My DREAM Z/28 is Chicago style.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!

No blower weight up front. No F/I heat soak. Better brakes. A differential that puts power down regardless of G load. Lighter weight wheels. Square wheel and tire setup. Creative lightening. Hoop with removable bar for two well installed 5 point harnesses. Brake ducts. N/A 600 RWHP. Better clutch. Separate hydraulic fluid reservoirs. Heat extraction. Thermal management.

My DREAM Z/28 has everything the first Pedders Supercar had, but more across the board. No more fly swatter. My Z/28 would be a Muscle Car Phalanx capable of destroying most anything that gets in the way. Yes I know the Camaro is a relatively large and heavy car for this assignment, but if it were the size of a Vette it wouldn't be a challenge.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote