View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #73
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post

I'm more into brute force acceleration than handling, so the first vid I watched was the launch development, but honestly, I thought the handling one was even more impressive.

When I saw what the G-meter was reading I was just ........Pretty unbelievable numbers for a car which will more than likely weigh in at 4,000lbs or more.

My reaction to those videos was similar to when I saw the concept "unveiling" on the internet and again when I finally saw it in person at the Kansas City Car Show...........the hair on the back of my neck stood up, I felt goosebumps on my arms and my eyes "misted" a bit.
Exactly! I'm no professional race car driver, but I've been "around the block" a few times as the saying goes. The in car footage was astounding. I could actually "feel" the car being pushed through it's paces as if I was there controlling it, from a litteral hands on perspective. It handles all the forces of physics amazingly well. One can't fully appreciate whats going on there if you haven't done some competition racing or high speed driving. I am still all worked up from viewing the footage and my thoughts are pre-occupied with this car!.