View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
WildBeast15

Drives: 2002 mercury mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You're serious? A capacitor is exactly the solution this guy needs to solve the problem of dimming lights. Battery's are not designed to be quickly discharged over and over. This kind of use quickly diminishes the battery's life, even if it is a deep cycle battery.

And since the battery for the Camaro is in the trunk right next to where his amps are going to be, he's not really risking a fire by connecting the ground to the battery's negative terminal because the ground wire won't be that long. I don't know if that'll harm the battery at all, though, because I'm not familiar with that kind of situation. I've never had a battery that close to my amps before to even try attaching the ground wire directly to the battery.
a cap does not send a clean power to the amp and if that cap gets below 11 voltWHICH IT WILL.. that amp will go up in smoke.. caps are just a bandaid..that link i posted are bats MADE for sound systems... right now i just ordered 4 batts from them for my new system... i had a 40 farad cap in my truck and the lights still dimmed with 2400 watts rms...
batt is the only safe way to go.. and it doesnt matter if the batt is 10 inchs away from the amp you always want the best possible ground you can get... and where do you get that... The body itself...
and read the little note on the site i posted... it will take 100 farads to equal ONE 600cell batt.. so you will spend 100 dollars on a 1 farad cap or 200 on a batt??? that is 100 times as powerfull i just bought 4 of the hc16s and there great... and lots of power..