View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #34
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Nice.

Looks like I'm not the only one with BGD (Black Gun Disease).

If your thinking about doing a 7.62 build then I would recommend looking at the Grendel. The Grendel has almost the same ballistics as the 7.62 at short range and better ballistics past 300 yards. It's the same overall length as the 5.56 so it fits in the AR-15 platform instead of the AR-10 platform the 7.62 requires. AR-10 parts are more expansive and seems to be harder to get and less to choose from.

If you may be interested head over to http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.php and look around. Bill Alexander who developed the Grendel round is fairly active on the forums as well as other manufacturers who specialize in the Grendel round.

P.S sorry for derailing the thread.
No worries, it will get back on track eventually. Thanks for the link and the recommendation. I guess I should have said I am looking to build something that will be effective beyond 500m. I default to saying 308/7.62. An old Army buddy of mine built a 338 Lapua that he is really happy with but he is in Alaska so I haven't had a chance to give it a try. I like the idea of the Grendal being on the AR15 platform. I will have to check it out.