View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #97
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Do me and EVERYONE on the forum a favor Pill and just leave. Nobody cares about Red blah blah blah I have heard that story a million times. And your really crazy if you think the Mustang will EVER have a shot even close to the Corvette ZR-1 that car will flat out eat the Mustang up. How can I believe you when I know how biased you are EVERYTIME the sales results are up and we beat the Mustang every month you make up another lame excuse. And I have seen the Boss Mustangs in the SCCA races they are pretty fast but I doubt they will put that on a production model Mustang and IF they do the price will be out of everyones league. Either way Chevrolet is testing the new C7 Corvette and it will take out any Mustang once the testing is complete with it anyway. Dollar for Dollar car for car if I go into a Chevy Showroom and you go into a Ford Showroom I win thats just how it is.
Why would anyone ever think that Ford would want to engineer a Mustang to compete with the Corvette? You do have a point that, currently, the Mustang represents the pinnacle of performance offered by Ford while GM has the Corvette in it's various iterations, most of which will outperform even the 2012 GT500 stock-for-stock. However, don't forget the outcome the last time Ford endeavored to build a Corvette-beater. They accomplished the mission. Suggesting because Ford, or any manufacturer for that matter, chooses not to build a car that competes with or can outperform the ZR1 does not mean that they can't.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote