View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #107
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
What analogy?Not trying to start an argument. and agree with you for the most part. Just oversensitive when one mentions Brand A is better than Brand B and you have brand B LOL. My apologies. Some people don't want to tune their cars and void their warranties. Maybe they should just stick with a stock intake? Some just want looks and sound. Don't know what the OP wants. He just said best. Yes they will benefit more from tunes. I know more than a little about airflow in my line of work and schooling. I can blow hot air with the best of them and also catch lightning in a bottle.
Actually, I don't have brand B anymore, and I never said it was better, I'll let the comparitive analysis prove that. What I asked was "why would someone not go with that brand if it provides cooler air, rather than purchase brand A and then have a scoop installed to force cooler air to brand A."
Sometimes, being devils advocate allows one to see things from someone else's perspective.
When it comes to "performance" (not asthetics), I don't buy what will make my vehicle look cooler than the next guys I purchase what will give me the best performance for the money.
So, from a strictly performance perspective the Fastlane will provide double digit increases in HP, and you won't have to spend extra $ on a scoop or the installation.
Doesn't matter to me man, I don't make a living in thie auto industry, but I can share the knowledge I've obtained from spending thousands of dollars on moding my vehicle to over 1000hp.
But, you're absolutley correct maybe the OP just wants to bolt on something he thinks is cool, looks cool and wants to cut and drill holes in the bumper.

Last edited by calbert1999; 10-07-2011 at 05:31 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote