Guess it's about time to start this build journal for my 2011 2SS/RS, which replaced my 2010 1LT/RS.
Build date: January 13, 2011
Purchase date: October 1, 2011
Odometer at purchase: 104 miles
1. 2SS in Synergy Green Metallic / Black leather interior
2. L99 with Automatic Transmission (Hydra-Matic 6L80 with TAPshift controls)
2. RS package
3. Silver rally stripes
4. CAMARO trunk mat
Didn't really want the stripes or the trunk mat but didn't have a choice if I wanted to buy a new SGM SS. Oh well...
At the time of purchase, this was the last new 2011 SS in SGM in Houston, TX. There were 3 other new ones within 500 miles still on dealers lots and only 11 remaining in inventory across the entire US.
Here are my plans for this one, to start with:
0. Swap over my set of (4) 20x9 RS wheels from my 2010 V6 [with 275/40/20 Hankook Ventus ST RH06 tires] - dealership already took care of this one.
1. Muffler delete - this thing is way to fricken quiet in stock form.
2. Remove Silver rally stripes.
3. Vararam air intake.
4. Rider Graphix Hood Spears - silver.
5. Rider Graphix fender gill decals - dark silver metallic.
6. MPD1 spoiler in Synergy Green.
7. LLumar Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Window Tint (35% & 15%)
8. Cat-back exhaust - Need to figure out which one I like best still.
9. Who knows...headers, body kit, different wheels? Depends on excess fundage going forward...