View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Ordered both.

The hat might be a little too busy for my tastes, but it'll look good as a display piece in the office.

Agreed. You know, I don't wear actual caps as much as I used to. I'm more of a visor person. But, I just want one of these. I was thinking how cool it would be to get one that would match my current SS...in blue and black with the similar design. I'd LOVE it. for now? ZL1!!! (and I SO can't wait for the Z28!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09 View Post
are the hats fitted or velcro in the back or what? I can't find anything that indicates one way or the other...
I just got word they are clasp. We use clasp as well. Why? Quality of the cap itself. We've looked at velcro and snap backs. The overall quality of the cap was much nicer with the clasp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYSLAR View Post
just ordered mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
TAG, it was a great father -daughter experience together. We will both remember it as a very special day for both of us. The car was truly awesome and I just cannot say enough good things about the entire Chevy staff. They gave us the red/black ZL1 hats but told us that we could not wear them until they gave them away at the auction. I really wanted John's red ZL1 shirt though. I know, being very greedy.
Meeting the GM team...I know exactly what you mean. I met Scott back in ...2006? Then I got to meet the entire GM team at Indy in 08' at the 5th Gen unveil. I'll never forget it. Scott came running up as I was sitting in the IVER. I KNEW I shouldn't have been in it, but what the heck, right? I didn't drive 1,100 miles NOT to sit in it! He came up asking, "who's in my IVER?!" I don't think he was too happy. Then he saw me, "awe, Doug...."

That was a moment to remember...

That entire GM crew is .... well, I can't even begin to say enough good things about them. They are people...just like us...who have a passion...just like us. I LOVE my current job. But, if I could work with the ZL1 or ANY Camaro on a regular every day basis, I'd cry tears of joy.

I'm so glad you two got the chance to spend that time together. I'm glad you got the chance to meet the team. If you can, you really have to come out to next years Fest at Indy. It's already poised to be the largest Fest we've had thus far. All those that missed it the first year will be there...and all those that wanted to go year number two, but couldn't due to distance, will be there for sure. It's going to be HUGE. Hopefully, our distinguished guests of honor, the GM Camaro team, will be able to make it once again.

And hopefully, you'll have your ZL1 to bring with you as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote