Thread: Constraints 4/9
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #21
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I don't necessarily think that my dealer will intentionally try and screw me over but I have a feeling they are going to see the sticker and think that's what the car's actual MSRP is.

When this is all said and done, would it be possible to get some exact steps for what we need to do to show/prove to dealers what our price should be? Us saying "no, I get the old MSRP" when I have nothing proving that old MSRP or even nothing proving, other than the email GM sent to customers, that MSRP was in any way protected will likely not get us very far. We need some way to show them, in the GM systems that they have access to, what our MSRP SHOULD be. If I just show them something off the internet they're going to say "you can't believe everything on the internet." I trust that my dealer will think he's charging me the right price even though he's just an idiot.
Great question. It would be nice to be armed with some hard evidence of what the MSRP is for us who ordered before 4/1! I am worried about the same thing with my dealer. I don't think he or they would intentionally screw me, but if they think the price has raised for everyone it would be nice to prove to them that the pre-orders are @ the MSRP @ the time of pre-order.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby