Thread: LSX Swap?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
LSX Swap?

So the goal this year was to have a twin turbo installed into my 2010 SS and while I had the money sitting in the bank, I ended up spending it into a house I bought earlier this year so now I am looking at some time next year on building out my car, or trading it in for a ZL1 or highly thinking about a GT-R.

However, looking at the LSX prices, I originally had thought there was only 1 LSX motor and it was only a little bit better in numbers and for 10 grand, but I was wrong. There is the LSX376 and LSX454. About 5-6 grand for the 376 and 9-10 for the 454. The performance numbers of the 454, I have no problem paying 10 grand for it. The ZL1 is cool and all, but the bath I would have to take to upgrade to it, I could spend that on my SS and make it better in performance.

So what I am looking to first find out is what is the main differences between the LSX motors and which would be a better swap for me. I like the power numbers from the 454 and I would twin turbo it at some point but not right away. The 376 isn't enough power so I'm not really sure if it is worth it, or at least not right now.

Now that I think about it, what about spending 5 grand on building out my LS3?
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote