View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Blown LS3 in Sec. Gen

Well I am going to do it. ( For those who care)

Just ordered my TVS2300 supercharged LS3 from Turn Key and all the parts needed to drop that Baby in my 30,000 original mile 1980 Z28 Camaro.

This should be a very intertesting project. One I have thought long and hard about. Over Drive no Overdrive, LS6 Blown, LS9, LS7 ,oh my goodness the Choices.

Well the verdict is in, no Overdrive and a blown LS3. Now if it only fits as well as they say it will. It should be a blast. 500 lbs less car Maybe more if you figure the weight reduction in the engine compartment.

Oh Ya ...The funny part...I am pulling a 6/71 supercharged 350 to put this one in.

You may ask why.... I love fuel injection, intercoolers and drag reduction!

Out with the old in with the new....

The only thing left bothering me is ?

Should I Have gotten the OD trans as well ? Oh well. I guess we will see.

Well...bottom line. Stay tuned for updates. I am told 3 weeks for the motor so I will keep those who are interested informed and will post an occasional picture. The Before pic is in My albums under my screen name for those who care.

Sorry to bore those who don't.....If anybody has had any experience with such a project I am all ears.

Thanks for your Time.....

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote