View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
I'm 27 (almost 28) and USAA quoted me an increase of $210 per 6 months if I tack a new V6 Camaro onto my current policy.
Yeah, I was shocked too when I got my quote from USAA, they were pretty high which was unusual. I didn't give them a VIN# but they wanted around $700ish for 6 months. I was inquiring about the V-8 and I live in a heavily populated area so that may be why it was high. BTW, you are required to have full coverage on a car if you have a loan on it...the lender requires it. You can't cancel insurance if it's garaged when there is a lien on it. You can tell them you are driving it less which translates to lower rates. I'm 42, no accidents, but I've had 2 speeding tickets over the last 10 years.

FYI, be careful when you shop around for ACTUAL insurance quotes because they will run a credit check on you to get an actual rate. So don't let too many companies hit your credit as it will lower your credit score. This same rationale applies when shop for car financing...don't let more than 3 lenders hit your credit. Just a word to the wise.