View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #1326
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If the two teams in the NC game are from the SEC, then that only proves that their conference doesn't beat up on each other nearly as much as the other conferences do.

The SEC has two teams that steamroll everyone else in their conference and then they claim that their conference is the best.

In my opinion, they can only claim that if their top dog goes to the NC game against the top dog of a different conference.

80% of the teams in the Big XII are bowl eligible. (That number increases if you include TCU's and WVU's records)
75% of the teams in the SEC are bowl eligible.
67% of the teams in the PAC-12 are bowl eligible.

Obviously Okie State has to beat OU to even argue the rights to play in the NC game. But at this juncture an all-SEC battle in the NC game is worthless for college football.

If the SEC wants real bragging rights, they should NOT want an all-SEC NC game.

In an unrelated note, did anyone see that Baylor vs. Texas Tech game? 108 total points scored and over 1,000 yards of total offense
WOW! Just because they are from the same conference doesn't mean crap...each team has the stats to prove why they are #1 and #2 in the country. And it has been earned...SEC is not a weak conference neither is the Big12 unlike other teams that are going 12-0 against teams that are less than well deserving...and lets not forget the only loss Alabama had was to LSU unlike OU who lost to WHO...Texas Tech? ok that can be one bad game...but then Baylor...come on...OU is not a contender this year they need a DEFENSE for that to be possible. Just jump forward and start talking smack for next year and remember I let my haterz be my motivatorz!

Don't forget Arkansas and Georgia too...if you want to talk turkey! Seriously, I think your full of and by the way LSU may have won the game but Alabama beat themselves...I don't think that will happen again. LSU didn't even score a single touchdown...nor did Alabama but their one MAJOR flaw is the kicker who shanks just about every other kick.

Last edited by Vulpine; 11-29-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote