I'm Tori, 56 years old (as of Friday), and I've been a Chevy gal forever. I've owned a couple of el Camino's, a Monte Carlo, and a Cobalt. So one fine day last summer I decided to stop by Appleway Chevrolet. I stepped out of the dealership door onto the lot thinking about trading my 05 Cobalt in on a HHR or possibly a SS Cobalt but I was bedazzled by Imperial Blue Metallic glinting in the July sun, beckoning me hither. The salesman must have recognized the look. "Want to take it for a drive?" "Hell yes" I said. Love at first gear. So it was I came to be posessed by my 2010 V6 Camaro RS.
Bob gave me the keys and I drove away, waving buh-bye to the little yaller Cobalt.
My salesman, Bob Smith (yes, his real name) kept asking me what I was going to name my new horse... I kept finding myself saying "Whoa, Trigger" as the speed kept creeping up beyond acceptable levels. So, yeah, I named my car Trigger.
Since my career is in dog training, and dog training has afforded me the opportunity to own such an amazing vehicle the theme of my Camaro is Raised by Wolves, in honor of the very wolfish Alaskan Malamutes I've lived with, raised, trained, showed, sledded and loved immensely since 1985. I was forced to learn a lot about "Primitive Breeds" by reading everything available on wolf psychology and a whole lot of trial and error. Those nutty malamutes raised me up from a not-such-a-dog-person into a bona-fide Crazy Dog Lady with a lasting affliction for malamutes in particular and dogs in general.
I'm really not into racing my Camaro, or building the engine it's my daily 40 mile driver to and from my job as a dog trainer. I'm not made of money but I like my car. I am into making it unique and worth looking at. I like going to car shows, and showing off my paint, accessories, lighting, and enthusiasm for my Camaro and GM.
To date here is my modification list:
- Roto-Fab CAI
- RX Catch Can & Breather
- VMax Ported Throttle Body
- Hurst Billet Plus Short Throw Shifter
- GM Quarter Flares in IBM
- Retro USA chrome gill trim
- Blue tint bowties front, rear & wheel center caps.
- Blue tint stitching
- Blue billet racing pedals
- Lloyds mats in charcoal & blue
- AAC aquablue footwell, trunk & dome lighting
- AAC Dual Color Halos & DRL halos, blue/white
- "Big Bad Wolf" embroidered head rests
- Script Camaro dash badge circa 1970
- Custom painted engine cover, trunk corner covers, fuse box lid, reservoir lids, headlight housing, drl bezels and grills - by owner
- Custom ultrasuede trunk lid liner
- Custom blue lighting under the engine cover
- Clear Bra by Quality Auto Trim
Here's what ol' Trigger is looking like these days (edit 4/8/12)
90% of the custom work I'm doing myself, and the stuff I cannot do myself is done by my husband Dennis who is very proud of his wife's project car even if she rarely lets him drive it.
I'll add more pictures of some of the things I've done, meanwhile if you just want to go check out all my pictures, here's the link to my photo album.
uh-if my link doesn't work, someone please tell me, k? thx