View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
If their customer service is as good as we're told you should be able to send the entire part over for them to fix..... it would suck if you had to pay to uninstall and re-install (or go through the hassle yourself) for their faulty product.

They have great customer service so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Your going way out there with your idea of customer service. Most anything you buy that is warranteed will be the part only.

Go buy some lifetime warrantee brake pads. If they fail you will get a new set of pads when you bring the old ones in. They do not change them out for you. That is standard practice.

If a company installs something for you and warrantees the installation, then they will fix or reinstall if there is a install problem.

If someone just sells you lug nuts and warrantees them they will not come over and change them out if one of the nuts fails. They will however send you another.

AAC is a great company with some great employees. They stand behind their products. If they install, they stand behind their installations.

I might add that replacing the foglight halo is a straight forward process. The lense has already been removed once for installation. They use silicone caulk to seal it back up. To remove the lense you just grasp the edge of the lense and pull. The caulk stays flexible. Clean remaining caulk off both sides. Remove halo, it is attached with caulk, Install new halo with dabs of caulk. Then recaulk lense and situate it on the light fixture. let it dry then reinstall.

You do not have to remove the bumper to do any of this.

Last edited by Shuffler; 12-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote