View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Voiding the Warranty by Modding?

Alright so I wanted to get some opinions. I spoke with a dealer (not my dealer) today and heard some interesting information. First off this dealer is going to be offering painted stripe packages since so many people are mad over the flat black stripes offered by GM. I started talking to him about exhaust options and he said something that I had not heard. Apparantly (and I cannot vouch for the correctness of this information) they have been told by GM that ANY modification that results in changes to the drive train (including exhaust and wheels) using non-GM parts will void the warranty on the ENTIRE CAR. He explained that he had tried to convince GM to allow him to install flowmaster exhausts on customers cars but was told by GM that doing so would void the warranty on the entire car. He said that GM pulled a similar stunt when hybrids first came out and that they are obviously doing this because of the popularity of the car (and because it allows them to charge stupidly high prices for parts).

Anyone heard anything along these lines?

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote