View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #59
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy4n1d3 View Post
this happend to me, go to autozone, buy a can of MAF sensor cleaner spray, spray yyour MAF down (dont forget to unplug battery), i think its abt 18 quick sprays (something like that, its written on the can) let it dry, and keep anything from getting on the sensor, once its dry reinstall and drive abt 25 miles to reset the computerm, the light should not come on anymore, hope this helps, worked for me.
This was all I did about 3-4 months ago and haven't had the CEL anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcberry View Post
I had the same problem with my K&N CAI Model 63-3075. It went away as soon as I put the stock system on so I called K&N. The guy on the phone said that they have reports of this happening but it only happens on about 1% of the installs. He said that it's the programming on the GM MAF and there's nothing that can be done about it at this time except to return it for a full refund. He even said that it doesn't matter how old it was just return it and get your money back. He then said to use Model 69-4520TP and the problem would go away. He said that the only difference between the two was that the 69-4520TP was a metal intake tube and not a plastic one.
I'm in the process of returning mine (it was a gift from my son) so hopefully this clears the problem up. I'll let you know how it goes if you need the follow-up.
I'll keep this in mind if it happens again. I do like the black intake tube though, would hate to have to change it to the metal one.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote