View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
A question about the paint jobs

(No camaro yet, grumble grumble..)

I have a question about paint jobs: Any dealer painters in the house? Please reply!

I heard that if a dealer has to re-paint any part of your new car, that it is painted OVER the original paint. The original paint is not removed. Is this true?

I had a bad experience once where the beak of my Trans Am got squished by someone who didn't know how to park her damn car. I brought it in to be fixed and painted. It looked good when I picked it up, but later on the paint kept chipping off.

A Friend's mustang had the same fate. The day he had his car repainted, another doofus who should never have been granted a license, pushed the corner of her car into his bumper. The bumper being plastic seemed ok at first, until we noticed the paint was cracked. Soon afterwards, it started to peel off.

So are we just a couple of guys who got ripped off by their dealer's paint shop? Or is painting-without-stripping the original paint off first a common practice?
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote