View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
GT5Junkie
Banned

Drives: Toyota
I've got them on my 4 year old DD and my 8 month old toy. I believe the 4 year old one is 3M and the new one is Xpel, not sure if there's even a difference as I know there have been some buyouts in the clear bra world.

The 4 year old bra is still in amazing shape, no yellowing or anything. Can't speak as to what happens if I removed them though, never done it.

In general I recommend them, but you also have to think about things realistically. A good clear bra installation probably costs as much as 1.5 front bumper resprays, at least, and no clear bra lasts forever, eventually it'll yellow or cloud or just start looking bad, and will need to be redone. So is it better to always have the clear bra on, or better to have some chips for a while and then respray it.

The only thing I worry about is that I've heard some stories about removing the clear bra and paint chips coming with it, i.e. the paint still chipped, its just that the clear bra held it in place so you couldn't tell. So if you really wanted it back to perfect, you'd have to respray AND re bra.

Like I said though, never done it, so no personal experience, just stories.
GT5Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote