View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #106
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes radz, I am looking for clarification on that as well...from GM it says...
"Mode 5 Traction control set on Race, with stability control off and Magnetic Ride Control set on Track. Launch control tuned for VHT-prepped drag strips."

Sooo, I ask what does TC "track" setting mean?, and MRC "track" setting mean exactly? And launch control "tuned" for "VHT" prepped race tracks? Sounds to me like the electronics are still on to some degree limiting and/or monitoring something designed to control some function of the vehicle.
Well - it seems that TC is probably somewhat there, because it has to manipulate power/traction, so there still has to be some intervention. On ZR1 - the MR was softened, too, to allow more weight transfer, but I'm not sure if that's going to be on ZL1, too - I wouldn't see why not...

So many questions, lol. I think you're right, though. I would like to see if everything can be turned off, though, because I've read and heard that Mr. Link's 'Ring run was with everything "OFF", so that leads me to believe that is something we're going to see, too...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote