View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 AM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
Well, assuming that it is the 'top dog' Camaro, probably costing something between 35k and 40k it will cost about the same. It will also weigh within about 10% of them. Have comparable skidpad numbers (0.9+). But it will be making 430 hp minimum, with 420 ft lbs. These numbers could go all the way up to 500 but that would probably be over 40k. Those two tuners will have turbocharged 4 cylinder engines making 300 hp or so and about 300 ft lbs of torque. Even if they have all wheel drive, the Camaro should have better 0-60, 1/4 mile, and race circuit times, while delivering comparable if not superior gas mileage. The Camaro might lose in a slalom, and probably lose in a rally race. So, in comparison tests, if the camaro loses in any particular area, it won't be by much. But when it wins, it will likely be by a large margin.

Please note the use of 'could' 'should' and 'probably', as well as the warning in my sig.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote