View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
A warning to people so they know exactly what they are getting into. Seems like a good enough purpose to me. Is this a car site or Disney land? Maybe you guys need to make some rules for vendors, so you don't have guys marketing to your users with no product. Deceiveing people for close to a year, with no product. This happened on your site, and u guys let it. Make no mistake, these guys (guy) used this site as their primary means of advertisement. If you had rules in place for stuff like this, I doubt anyone would even know who these guys are. And maybe, just maybe they would of came with a full prototype first instead of the way it went down.
Maybe it wasn't special treatment, but it definately wasn't in the vain of protecting your user base. I'm pretty sure g5 was more than happy each time a post/ thread was deleted.
So inadvertently, you end up helping them under the impression of trying to keep things PC.
You're trying to put words in my mouth, and red on our hands. I'm sorry you feel the decision to close the thread was slighting members, but I'm afraid we just don't believe that is the case.

We have a wonderful relationship with our vendors, but we do not pretend to have inside information on their product development. On the odd occasion something doesn't go as planned, the best we can do is damage control. In this case, it included removing threads that had long since degraded. But on the same token, we're not going to disclose whether or not the situation was addressed on our end.

I look forward, (and hope for a speedy process) to when those with ******* Grille deposits receive their long-overdue purchase.