Purchased 9/15/2010 in Bradford PA from Edmonds Chevrolet.
It rained the whole ride home. Only have been caught in the rain twice since then.
First Mod done was BBK Cold air intake
Fall 2010 - Installed Orion 8001 and 2 12" Hifonics Subwoofers 400w RMS. I had a makeshift box from a past vehicle that I used for about a month. By mid October it was replaced with Subthumps dual enclosure.
10/19/10 - I was on my way home from Wal-Mart getting groceries, a half gallon of milk decided to explode in my trunk. The Orion amp had milk underneath it which it cooked and instantly began to stink. I removed the carpet and soaked up most of the milk then used a spray foam cleaner 3 times to remove the smell from the floor mat. The side carpet wasn't bad above the first few inches and was easily cleaned with papertowels and some carpet spray. The battery ended up sitting in about 1 inch. Good excuse to start dynamatting!
Jan 2011 - Installed footwell lighting. I just bought 4 strips of LEDs from my local Autozone.
Feb 2011 - I had the steering wheel and plastic on center console painted
March 2011 - Blacked out side markers. I used 5% window tint on all 4 side markers. I followed this DIY
for easy removal and install. Sorry for crappy cell phone pics.
A guy at work made me a bunch of Black Widow hour glass emblems out of 16ga steel. They turned out pretty well. I used red and orange in several layers of a thin mist trying to get as close to an Inferno Orange as I could.
April 2011 - Installed AAC's light bar - I dont have any pics of the install. I didnt run into to much trouble with this. I masked everything off twice around the mail slot to do my cutting. Even though I placed a towel and 2 layers of tape between the dremel and the plastic, I still managed to scuff up the one corner, but its hardly noticable. I ran the wiring to a switch where the controls for the HUD is located. It is also setup so that when I get AAC's dual halos I will be able to change the color from white to red with the switch. All i have to do is wire a relay between the power for red and white.
I think that was all I did from April to July 2011. At the end of June I attended the Carlisle GM Nationals. Judging was Saturday afternoon and awards were scheduled for Sunday around noon. I rode over to the fair grounds early Sunday to see the posted results. CLASS WINNER!!! WOOOO WHOOO!!!! So I call my g/f who stayed at the hotel to sleep in and told her I would be right there to pick her up so we could get back to the show. Got to the hotel, and she HAD to have Sheetz coffee. Hotel coffee wasnt good enough and neither was Carlisle coffee. So we went to Sheetz. When pulling in I have about 5 miles to my left side. My right side....... well....
hit the curb
. I got a big scrape on my wheel. Pissed off, we went to the fair grounds. Thankfully no one noticed, or at least told me they noticed, and when it was time for the awards the photographer was on the left side.
When I got home, I placed an order for 5 cans of plasti-dip and got to work.
This was the damaged wheel - the other 3 look the same. I need to find the pictures of the damage.
8/4/11 - Added engine cap accents
1/22/12 - Painte CHEVROLET black on my IO engine cover
1/25/12 - Dynamat door panels - Pics only of Right door
3/15/12 - Added LED black widow emblem