View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #82
htron50

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Heres a quote from a magazine last year around October... forget which one...but it is on target.

Likewise, he stressed that the optional six-speed Hydra-Matic 6L90 automatic gearbox is “not for poseurs who don't know how to shift.” As a general rule, hard-core enthusiasts will choose the six-speed Tremec manual transmission, but at least the auto 'box is built for performance, with three different driving modes including a manual setting that only shifts when a driver commands. Automatic upshifts will not occur even at redline, and Oppenheiser promised that it will select and hold the appropriate low gear into corners to match the manual-equipped ZL1's performance.

“Contrary to what we could have done [by taking the easy way out with a simple, off-the-shelf transmission], the automatic is not a compromise,” he said. “We spent a lot of time working on it for the track.”

I also read somewhere that in driving mode 1 & 2 the auto starts out in 2nd. Anybody else know about that?