View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #57

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
wow... got a li'l emotional there.

as a kid, my older brother (who I thought was just the coolest ever) was such a huge Chevelle fan, he opened my eyes to the Chevy muscle car. Growing up, my favorites were the '59 Impala & the '69 Camaro & always silently vowed that one day I'd own a Chevy with an SS badge or Rally Stripes (both, if I was lucky). while every car I've ever owned has had a bowtie on it, it wasn't 'til I saw the Camaro concept drawing that owning a brand new Chevy SS with Rally Stripes became an actual goal. After moving to another state, taking a new job, paying off all my old debt and fixing my credit up like new, my five year plan was completed, my dream realized and I now not only own my dream car, but along with that have become a member of a massive community of enthusiasts as well as becoming part of an absolutely fantastic local group of Camaro owners. Thanks for the post, Scott. made my night!
Cool story...I never thought I'd own a muscle car, even though I practically lived at Lion's drag strip in the 60's...but thanks to the new Camaro, I redesigned and rebuilt my whole drive-way, got rid of some junk cars and cleaned out the garage, just to prep for getting this car!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote