View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #30
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
This case points out the HUGE risk everyone takes when purchasing wheels or any other high dollar item from any vendor online, especially when the vendors require most if not all the funds up front. Many vendors/resellers today in the information age operate from their garage, in days past ( I know as I had a shop in the 80's ) you had to have a honest to goodness business and store front before you could buy from parts wholesalers and private companies. Enter the "boutique" wheel world and you have the very real potential for fraud, both by the reseller and even by the manufacturer. Even vendors/resellers with impeccable reputations can have an overnight financial crisis and you could be left literally holding the empty money bag and attempting to recoup your funds across state lines, though online payment brokers, credit card companies and or from a person you may never even spoke to face to face let alone really know. The bulk of us no longer can just walk into an honest to goodness speed shop thanks to their destruction largely due to the mail order/online resellers and their lower overhead so we as consumers are the real risk takers in these higher dollar "ghost" transactions. I certainly hope you recover your funds but I fear you have a fight ahead of you.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote